Your name as it appears on your Academic Profile is considered to be your name of record at Columbia. This is exactly how the name will be printed on your diploma and is the name under which all records are maintained.


Name Changes
To change your name on your Academic Profile, you are required to first provide evidence of a legal name change. This evidence requires completion and submission of a notarized Affidavit -- see here, along with at least two of the following forms of identification showing your new legal name: a government-issued ID, a current driver’s license, marriage certificate, or social security card. In addition, you must also provide proof of your former legal name by submitting at least one of the following forms of identification: credit card, marriage certificate, or official bank statement. Your completed and notarized affidavit and the required forms of identification should be provided to either location below:


Morningside Campus
Student Service Center
205 Kent Hall
Columbia University
1140 Amsterdam Ave. MC 9202
New York, NY 10027


Medical Center Campus
Student Administrative Services
1-141 Black Building, Unit 45
650 West 168th Street
New York, NY 10027


Address Change

You can view and update your address on Student Services online.