Registrar Forms

IMPORTANT: This form cannot be submitted electronically. Please type in the required information, print and sign the form and have it notarized. Mail the completed form to the address below:

Office of the Registrar
Columbia University
210 Kent Hall, MC 9202
1140 Amsterdam Avenue
New York, NY 10027

The Office of the Registrar will order replacement diplomas if the original has been damaged or lost or if there has been a change of name. You must provide proof if your name has been changed by filing a Name Change Affidavit.

Enclose with this application a $100.00 check payable to Columbia University, as well as copies of two (2) ID proofs from the following choices: passport; birth certificate; driver's license or social security card. In addition, verification of your signature by a Notary Public is required.

Replacement diplomas display the signatures of the current Columbia President and Dean of your school but show the original date of the award.

Application for Replacement of Diploma 


NOTE: This application may not be used by graduates of Teachers College or Barnard College.  Please visit the Teachers College and Barnard College websites respectively for diploma replacement information.